Friday, November 28, 2014

Song of the Ostrich

Don’t speak of injustice, my life is tough enough.
Don’t give me sad stories, I've experienced worse.
Don’t expect me to sympathize.
Don’t request for me to empathize.
Please don’t ask me to change.

I like my life just the way it is, thanks.
I don’t want to change my words or my thoughts.
I won’t give up my comforts
I won’t surrender securities
Please don’t ask me to change.

I live with my fears, please don't take them away
I'll just stay away from those I'd rather not meet
Newer ideas are suicide
I'd rather commit genocide
Just please don't ask me to change.

Don’t use trigger words like “racism,” “poverty”
Or “systemic,” I don’t believe that they exist
We have liberty in the land of the free
Meaning, I want to freely be left alone.
Please don’t ask me to change.

And whatever you do, don’t tell me I’m part of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment